If you are making some summer road trip plans, you need to make sure your car is ready for the road, too. Here are a few tips on summer car maintenance to help you stand up to the heat.
- HVAC. There is almost nothing worse than having your A/C go out while on a road trip. Get your system thoroughly inspected and repaired, if needed, before you hit the road.
- Battery. Summer heat can wreak havoc on your car, especially on the battery. Have your battery tested to make sure it won’t give out on you when you need it most.
- Tires. Your tire pressure will fluctuate with the changing temperatures. Make sure your tires are properly inflated. In addition, inspect your tires for any signs of extreme wear and check the tread depth.
- Windshield wipers. Your windshield wipers should be replaced every six months or so. If yours are leaving streaks, stuttering, or have cracks, it is time to replace them.
- Brakes. If your brake pads are getting thin, you may want to consider replacing them before starting a road trip, especially if this trip will include any mountain driving.
If you need any service done on your car this summer, schedule a service appointment with us here at Rivard Buick GMC.