Here are a few tips to help you with spring cleaning for your car.
- Throw away the trash. Open up all the doors and your trunk. Bring along a trash bag and a box. Put the trash into the bag and anything you want to keep into the box.
- Wipe down hard surfaces. Starting from the top down, clean all the hard surfaces in your car.
- Vacuum. Remove the floor mats. You can give these a good beating to remove the caked-on winter grime and then vacuum them. Vacuum all the carpeting and seats.
- Clean the upholstery. If you have leather seats, be sure to use the correct cleaning product and wipe down the entire seat. For cloth seats, spot-clean as needed.
- Power wash the floor mats. (Optional). If you floor mats and still incredibly dirty, get out your power washer or hose and spray them down. Be sure they are completely dry before you put them back in your car.
- Wash your car. Once the inside is spic and span, it’s time to whip the exterior into shape. Don’t forget to clean from the top down. For the underbody, you can run through an automatic car wash.
Once your car is all clean, take it out for a drive to enjoy its dirt free state.